Passive Income From Ad Placements on Your Car
You can earn passive income by having your car “wrapped” in an advertisement for a company. To be eligible for this opportunity, you must have the following:
- Car with a factory paint job (no added flames down the side)
- Clean driving record
- Commute that is at least 25 minutes per day
- A vehicle that was created after a certain date
How Much Can You Earn From Putting an Ad on Your Car?
Participants generally earn between $100-$400 per month during the campaign. An advertising campaign will often run between 1-6 months, which means that you could potentially earn anywhere between $100-$2,400 for putting an ad on your vehicle.
The amount you are paid is based on the campaign and the number of minutes you drive on a daily basis. Those who drive over an hour could make substantially more than others who drive the minimum 25 minutes.
When you are paid may be determined by the contract, but often people are paid some upfront, then the rest at the end.
How to Put an Ad on Your Car
Here is how you can be paid to put ads on your car:
Step 1. Sign up for Carvertise
While there are a few agencies you can go through to put ads on your car, Carvertise is the most trusted. Carvertise works with local businesses to connect them with drives in the area.
The platform will ask you a series of questions based on your vehicle, location, commute, and personal driving history. This is so that they can best match you with a potential local business. Typically, most people who sign up for Carvertise don’t hear back from the platform for weeks or months (depending on the campaign), but if you and your car are selected, the company will reach out to you.
Step 2. Agree to Advertisement Terms
When you are approached with an offer, you need to review it and agree to its terms. While you don’t get to choose the ad, you are allowed to opt-out if you don’t like it or if the ad doesn’t line up with your values.
Step 3. Have Your Car Wrapped in the Ad
Once you have agreed to the ad, the company will set up an appointment with you to have your car wrapped in the ad. Your vehicle will be wrapped in an adhesive material that won’t hurt the car or the paint.
Step 4. Drive Your Car
Complete your part of the bargain by driving your car 25 minutes or more per day. You may be asked to learn a little about the company that is hosting the ad in case someone asks you about it when you are getting in or out of your car.
Step 5. Remove the Wrap From Your Vehicle
At the end of the campaign, you will need to have the wrap removed. Carvertise will work with the advertising business to set up and appointment for you.
How to Avoid Car Advertising Scams
While there are legitimate car advertising companies out there, there are also a lot of scams. Here are a few ways you can determine if an offer is legitimate or not:
- A real car advertising company will never charge a fee to be listed for potential work. You will be the contractor which means you will be the one who is paid.
- You should never be asked to pay the price to wrap your car. That is the responsibility of the business who wants to put an ad on your car.
- Every legitimate car advertising company will have minimum requirements for participation (such as your need for having car insurance).
- They should have a customer service line where you can be directed with a real person.